7.04.2010

Introduction

Hi everyone! I just wanted to give a little introduction for those of you who know Kathy but not me (Lara) or vice versa.

Kathy and I are both Seniors majoring in Zoology. We met during Freshman orientation and decided to keep an eye out for each other the first day of classes since we had similar schedules. First day of classes came around and we sat together during our very first class, Walker's freshman bio. We sat too far back and we couldn't hear a word he said, so we sat in the front in every class for the year! Anyway, we were lab partners that year, and bonded over the next two years through many study sessions. Junior year we became roommates and have had a ton of fun with that :)

Within the first few weeks of Freshman year, we realized that we both wanted to study abroad to Australia, so we decided to go together. We have now gotten each other through many a test and a semester by looking forward to this trip, often telling each other "remember, next (semester, year, etc) we'll be hugging wombats!!" We've looked forward to it for so long now, personally I can't even wrap my brain around the fact that we're actually going, so I'm waiting for when the excitement really hits! I still have so much to do to get ready (pack, a couple of errands, some cleaning!) so right now I'm focused on that, but I'm sure I'm going to be jumping up and down in my seat, giggling, on the way to the airport (Kathy can't wait, haha!).

We'll be leaving in two days, on Wednesday morning. We will be flying to San Francisco (where we have a rather long layover) to Sydney, to Cairns where we will have an orientation week before taking a bus to Townsville, our final destination. We will be writing about our adventures as much as we can, as well as posting pictures, and maybe the occasional video blog if we figure out how to post it, so you can see our smiling faces :) We'll miss you all much, but I hope this helps us keep in touch!

2 comments:

  1. I expect a picture of each of you hugging a wombat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect to see pictures of both of you with wombats :)

    ReplyDelete